Thursday, August 17, 2006

My First Thursday Thirteen!


Thirteen Things I Love About My Husband…

1. We are connected to the depths of our soul. When one of us is sad, we’re both sad. When one of us is joyful, we’re both joyful. Made for one another, I'd say.

2. He loves me and appreciates me more than anything in this world and shows me that he does.

3. He is my earthly protector, provider and best friend.

4. He is genuine, sincere and honest. People like that about him.

5. Our relationship has grown stronger than I ever imagined it could have. All those hills and valleys we’ve walked together over 20 years have had their effect! They have also strengthened our faith.

6. He is as adventurous as I am. We both like to take risks every now and then. It keeps us young.

7. He is a wonderful father devoted to his kids. I thank God every day that he is my children’s role model.

8. He is the most patient person I know. Maybe enough for both of us - which is a good thing!

9. We have the same values and expectations for our family. He has worked very hard which allows me to stay home with the kids ever since our firstborn. There have been many times financial struggles made this nearly impossible but he’s been determined to make it work.

10. He knows I feel connected through touch and doesn’t mind giving extra long hugs.

11. He’s always supportive of me no matter how crazy my idea may be (and believe me, they can get pretty crazy!).

12. He is growing wise. He has learned so much from our experiences in life and it shows.

13. He knows when it’s best to just hold me and let me cry instead of saying anything at all.

Wow, what’s not to love about this man?!

13 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger ...my 2 cents said...

What a nice list! He sounds like the sweetest guy!!

Have a great Thursday!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a sweet post. Your marriage much be wonderful.
have a great rest of the week,
blessings,
Jenny in Ca
(another homeschool mom)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband! I think it's awesome that you're using your TT to sing his praises. :) Welcome to the wonderful world of TT. Check mine out when you get a moment!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger mar said...

I love positive, happy lists! welcome to TT! my list is up :)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like a great guy you've got there. Welcome to the TT craziness... I can only keep up doing it about once a month.

Thanks for stopping by the garden!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lifecruiser said...

Well, he is not mine... *lol*

But he sure does sounds as wonderful as mine does!

I'm happy for you two, keep up the love.

Mrs http://lifecruiser.com

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Reading the list I would have guessed you were newlyweds, then saw that youve been married 20 years. Good for you! Quite the accomplishment to be so close after that long. Great job on your first TT!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

My TT was about my hubby, too.

Great list!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I love it when someone does a post about how much they love their husband, Denise. You two seem to have a very special bond. Doesn't it feel wonderful to know absolutely for sure, in your heart, you married your soulmate?

Very very beautiful tribute to your husband.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I am new to blogging, and this is the first time I've visited your site. What a beautiful, heartfelt tribute to your husband. Isn't it amazing the way God puts us together with the one who perfectly "fits" us? I hope your husband reads your post :-)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger The Imperfect Christian said...

What a sweet list! I wish I would have participated in this, for once! As for your "What's not to love" question, that may be a Thursday Thirteen for a later date and time!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Blessed Beyond Measure said...

What a great place to start your Thursday Thirteen. It's pretty much my favorite meme. What a great place to praise, make lists of blessings. Great start.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger annie said...

What a beautiful post. It sounds like you have a fabulous husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home